Prof. Mardanpour received his Ph.D. and M.S. from the School of Aerospace Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Under the supervision of professor Dewey H. Hodges, he became an expert in Hodges’s nonlinear composite beam theory as well as the aeroelastic design of UAVs.
After graduating, Prof. Mardanpour joined UCLA as a post-doctoral fellow to serve as the assistant director of the Flutter System Research Center and to work with professor A. V. Balakrishnan on his continuum theory of aeroelasticity and its application on experimental flow-induced vibration and power harvesting.
Before he joined Georgia Tech, Prof. Mardanpour earned another M.S. from Sharif University of Technology in Tehran, Iran, and worked as a research scientist at the Institute of Aeroelasticity at the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Göttingen, Germany, where he focused on the experimental aeroelasticity of high-aspect-ratio wings.
A regular contributor to the Journal of Aircraft, the Journal of Fluids and Structures, the Journal of Nonlinear Dynamics, and the Journal of Vibration, Sound and Control, Prof. Mardanpour is a professional member of American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), the American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME), and the American Physics Society (APS).
- Post Doc, Electrical Engineering – UCLA, 2015
- Ph.D., Aerospace Eng. in Aeroelasticity – Georgia Tech, 2013
- M.S., Aerospace Eng. in Aeroelasticity – Georgia Tech, 2012
- M.S., Aerospace Eng. in Aerodynamics – Sharif University of Technology, 2006
- 2012-Pres. Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical and Material Engineering, FIU
- 2015-2022. Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical and Material Engineering, FIU
- 2013-2015 Assistant Director and Postdoc Fellow, Department of Electrical Engineering, UCLA
- 2008-2013 Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Tech
- 2005-2008 Research Scientist, Institute of Aeroelasticity, German Aerospace Center, DLR–Göttingen
- 2003-2005 Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Sharif University of Technology